Wildflower Day, 7th April
Every year Ulistac Natural Area Restoration & Education Project (UNAREP) host a FREE celebration of nature and the environment at Ulistac Natural Area. Come and join us!
We have plenty of booths lined up for your enjoyment, free tours, guest appearances from Smokey Bear, and live music from South Bay Folks!
There will be plenty to keep kids and grown-ups entertained!
More details about Wildflower Day can be found on our Facebook Event page.
We will have the following booths at Wildflower Day this year:
- Welcome booth
- Ulistac showcase booth
- Arts and Crafts
- Master Gardeners Santa Clara County
- Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley (WCSV)
- Open Space Authority
- Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
- Our City Forest
- San Francisco Bay Wildlife Society/Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of SVACA
- Grant the Reptile Guy
- Pine Ridge Association & Henry Coe State Park
- Santa Clara County Firesafe Council
- South Bay Clean Creeks Coalition
- Youth Science Institute
- Santa Clara Library Bookmobile
- California Native Plant Society
- Clean Oceans International
- 10:15am - Chris Johnson - Birding tour, bring your binoculars!*
- 11:00am - Chris Salander - All about Ulistac
- 11:45am - Kirsty MacKay - Flowers of Ulistac
- 12:30pm - Dennis Dowling - All about Ulistac
- 1:15pm - Kurt Harvey - Monarch Butterflies
*This tour will have a maximum capacity of 20 people. Spots will be allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis after the event opens at 10am.
We will also be able to enjoy wonderful live music provided by South Bay Folks, and some special guest appearances from Smokey Bear!
Here are a few tips if you are planning to join us on Wildflower Day:
- Ulistac is accessible on foot, or by bike from the Guadalupe River Trail and from Lick Mill Blvd and the surrounding areas. Alternatively, Lick Mill Light Rail Station (on the Mountain View line) is only 10 minutes walk away and River Oaks (on the Alum Rock line) is approximately 20 minutes walk (via the river trail).
- Parking is available on Lick Mill Blvd, right outside Ulistac.
- There will not be any booths selling food or drinks, we suggest you bring your own with you if you expect to stay for a while.
- As Ulistac is a natural area, rather than a park, we have no picnic facilities, restrooms or drinking fountains. However, all of these facilities can be found directly across the street in Lick Mill Park.
- Dogs are welcome to attend, but MUST be kept on a 6ft leash at ALL times (not just on Wildflower Day!).
- Some booths may have leaflets and flyers for you to take home. We suggest that you bring a bag with you to carry stuff.
- Spend some time looking at our plants, flowers and the wild animals who live at Ulistac. Please do NOT pick any plants and flowers, leave them where they are to allow others to enjoy them when you leave.